In this session, we’ll get started by walking you through the advantages of these solutions, how to implement them correctly, and the consequences of these choices. Then, we’ll outline the various options and compare the pros and cons of each of them.
At the end of this session, you'll understand that there are no miracle solutions for every circumstance. Only a good understanding of the concepts will make it possible to select the right solution for the right context at the right time.
Who should attend this session?
4D developers who are familiar with client/server environments and want to increase their skills.
What you'll learn?
- How to reduce exchanges between the client and the server.
- How to optimize 4D application response times.
- How to implement synchronous or asynchronous solutions.
- How to really take advantage of multicore machines.
- How to synchronize processes (preemptive and cooperative).
At the end of this session, you'll be able to:
- Comfortably decide which solution fits your context (synchronous or asynchronous).
- Build 4D applications with faster global execution times.
- Know how to build scalable solutions (more connected users).
- Use hands-on techniques from an expert 4D developer to create powerful solutions.
- Example application source code
- Video recording of the session
Pricing in local currencies
$60 USD - 60€ - £55 GBP - $95 CAD - 600 kr - ¥7300 JPY tax excl.
$99 AUD inc GST - CHF 89 tax inc.
After registering, you will be invoiced for the training in accordance with the appropriate sales conditions.
US Pacific Time (GMT-8) • 08:00 am - 9:20 am (San Jose, San Francisco)
US Central Time (GMT-6) • 10:00 am - 11:20 am (Chicago)
US Eastern Time (GMT-5) • 11:00 am - 12:20 pm (Boston, New-York)
In other time zones:
(GMT+1) • 05:00 pm - 06:20 pm (Munich, Paris, Brussels, Madrid, Roma)
(GMT) • 04:00 pm - 05:20 pm (London, Lisbon)
Argentina Time (GMT-3) • 01:00 pm - 02:20 pm (Buenos Aires)
AEDT (GMT+11) • 03:00 am - 04:20 am (Melbourne)