The number of Client Expansion licenses determine the number of devices that can connect at the same time to the 4D Server. These licenses are to be installed on the 4D Server. Purchase additional Client Expansions to add as many additional concurrent users when needed.
Used with 4D Server applications, client applications can be installed on an unlimited number of macOS, Windows machines, and/or iOS devices.
4D for iOS
Take advantage of 4D for iOS and extend your existing business applications to your iPhones/iPad. Fully integrated with 4D. No prior experience required.
- Native apps creation
- Elegant templates that abide by Apple guidelines
- Support of the offline mode (access data when a network is unavailable)
- Incremental data synchronization and pull to refresh
- Rapid mobile builder
- Tools to test your projects on the simulator or directly on your device
- Options for customization (templates, icons, data formatters)
- Restricted queries
- Advanced search features
- Source code modification using XCode
To deploy 4D for iOS applications, a 4D Server (macOS or Windows) v17 R2 or newer license is needed. Your 4D for iOS apps will share the same license as 4D Remote (Client).
4D Write Pro
4D Write Pro is a powerful text engine, entirely programmable, and fully integrated with 4D and its database, allowing you to create complex documents and perform advanced tasks. Create invoices, letters, reports, and lists that automatically access information located in your database and merge them into the resulting document. No need to import or export to other programs.
Design and create eye appealing catalogs and brochures generated by your application.
4D Write Pro is also available as a stand-alone word processor, which means you can work in a window that is independent of your database, or you can use data from the database to feed your document.
- Export to Microsoft Word (docx) format (4D v17 R4 or greater required).
- Automatic mechanisms to easily build user interfaces.
- Use images in text flow or as background
- Several design options are available
- Powerful. Thanks to 4D language with direct data access
- Customizable for various groups and users
4D View Pro Expansion
4D View Pro extends your 4D application with a powerful advanced spreadsheet. The right tools for strategizing, building or working on your business. A new range of possibilities for users and developers alike, directly within your 4D platform. From simple inventory management to highly complex KPI dashboards. Create dynamic input forms, calculation lists, printable sheets and much more.
4D View Pro license unlocks advanced list box’s capabilities.
- 400+ built-in formulas: SUM, TIME, COS, SIN, DATEIF, MATCH, CONCATENATE …
- Microsoft Excel (xlsx) Import/Export
- 4D View documents conversion
- A powerful ribbon-based toolbar (starting from 4D v17 R5)
- Manage your documents with programming
- Text and cell formatting
- Graphics, charts, tables & dashboards
- Multiple sheets
- Regional settings
4D Web Application
If you want to create a 4D Web application, this product is perfect for you. Aside from its flexibility and extensive built-in capabilities, the 4D web application allows unlimited access to the integrated HTTP server of your business application. It can be assigned to either the 4D server or the remote application (Client license). This will allow you to publish your Web server on a dedicated machine, such as a data center or provider, or multiple web applications that are associated with the same database.
When running on the Server, benefit from an optimized integration between the database, App and Web Servers. For high demand solutions, running the Web server from a Client will allow the best of both worlds: database/app server optimized infrastructure, with a dedicated machine to serve web requests. This solution allows you to secure your database/app server on your local network, by just exposing the Web server machine to the Internet.
4D Web Services
Web services can be consumed or published. In 4D, consuming Web Services is a standard feature. With this additional license, you can also publish web services with just one click, either in DOC or RPC (remote procedure call) style. In addition, you get programmable and controllable security features, as well as, an automatic WSDL (Web Services Definition Language) publication.
With a high degree of flexibility, it can be assigned to either the 4D server or the remote application (Client license).
External data access
If you want to access external data sources, 4D provides two solutions. ODBC (Open Database Connectivity Standard) in case you need to communicate with any ODBC client that’s accessible via the ODBC driver, and thus manipulate the data and structure of a SQL data source. 4D for OCI allows your 4D database to communicate with an Oracle database. This means your 4D database can display, manipulate, and modify data that is stored in an Oracle database.
4D ODBC Pro
- Access to most of the functionalities of ODBC 2.0 (Core Level, Level 1 and Level 2)
- Support of pass-through mode
- Programmable control of data and structure files of the data source
- Clone 4D tables to ODBC tables and vice versa
- Exchange data by value or address
- Use of native types with automatic cross-conversion
- Option to test available driver functions
- Support for Binary Large Objects (BLOBs)
- Debugger window to track the communication between 4D and 4D ODBC Pro
4D for OCI
- Direct access to Oracle Call Interface
- Support of PL SQL
- Programmable control of data and structure tables of the data source
- Clone 4D tables as Oracle tables and vice versa
- Data exchange by value or address
- Implementation of the deferred mode
- Array processing
- Support for Binary Large Objects (BLOBs)
- Support for Character Large Objects (CLOBs)
- Support for Oracle 8.16, Oracle 9, and Oracle 10