The gradual format of the training, with its five sessions, gives participants the time needed to practice the concepts presented.
Who should attend this session?
- Developers new to 4D wanting to accelerate their learning.
- Developers working with older 4D versions looking to upgrade their knowledge and learn the current best practices.
- Project managers wanting to know the fundamentals needed to properly manage a project based on 4D technology.
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Use the fundamental concepts of 4D.
- Develop a 4D application using best practices to ensure the most reliability and performance.
- Create simple applications for professional or personal use.;
- Easily integrate a 4D development team, to maintain and add new features to an existing 4D business application.
What's covered in this session?
You will learn to:
- Create a 4D database structure: tables and fields.
- Import data via the 4D Wizard.
- Manipulate data.
- Work with forms.
- Link tables.
- Use context menus and other GUI elements.
- Import data by programming.
- Display records in a list box.
- Use a widget for date entry.
- Manage multi-page forms.
- Add objects to a form.
- Retrieve and store data from a project form.
- Understand the concept of transactions.
- Store objects and collections in a table.
- Use recursive links.
- Manipulate hierarchical lists.
- Manage image fields.
- Create an interface.
Other recommended sessions
Objects for beginners: Everything you need to know about objects in 4D
The fundamentals of ORDA (Object Relational Data Access)
- Training materials (one chapter per training day).
- Source code of the sample application (one version per training day).
- Video recordings of the five sessions.
The progression of the training
The training takes place over five consecutive days, in 90-minute, morning sessions, gradually covering the essential concepts of 4D.
Participants will receive support materials at the end of each session. This will enable them to review and test the concepts presented each day.
The last day of the training will focus on participants' specific questions. Additional 4D experts will join the trainer to enrich the exchanges.
Pricing in local currencies
$429 USD - 309 GBP - 349 EURO - 3 490 SEK - 539 CAD tax excl.
519 CHF tax incl.
After registering, you will be invoiced for the training in accordance with the appropriate sales conditions.
US Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-8) • 08:00 am - 9:30 am (San Jose, San Francisco)
US Central Daylight Time (GMT-6) • 10:00 am - 11:30 am (Chicago)
US Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-5) • 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (Boston, New-York)
(GMT+2) • 05:00 pm - 06:30 pm (Paris, Brussels, Geneva, Madrid, Rome, Berlin)
(GMT+1) • 04:00 pm - 05:30 pm (London, Lisboa)
The training is available OnDemand on the 4D Store, so you can watch it on your schedule, instantly.
No scheduled live session